Thursday, February 5, 2009


so that movie then

So I saw this movie on opening night with a friend who makes decisions for hilarity's sake. It. Was. Terrible. It was so bad that the whole audience, which mind you was made up of the 14 year old girls cuddling the book like it was their bible, was laughing at every line uttered by this awkward couple. Awkward because Robert Pattinson is a bubbly Brit trying to portray an angsty kid from Forks and because Kristen Stewart is incapable of moving her GODDAMN FACE. Not to mention the copious amounts of staring, aka eye sex. Yes a summation of this movie is staring and sparkles. No I didn't read the book, no I don't intend to, NO MEANS NO. So during this movie, of course my friends and I were laughing the loudest, so a woman turns around and actually tells us to "please be quiet some of us are trying to watch a movie here". A moment of silence passes and suddenly the ENTIRE audience erupted in laughter at her. I fell in love with the cracked review of this movie, completely made my day. Twilight was like watching Sarah Palin debate; produced, written, and directed by women yet COMPLETELY not helping any good representation of women today and lacking any role model for the younger girls to legitimately aspire to (they will all die terribly in a BDSM accident involving, you guessed it, bloodletting). So what did I do the next day? Tell everyone how terrible it was and they had the lovely idea of using free tickets to get in and see it again, this time with 40s. THAT is how you watch a movie.

New York Comic Con! I will be there, but not selling things, just as a crazy fan because so many people will be there. I hope to have presents and comics as homage to them all (and penny arcade will just scoff at me), and then I will run away into the darkness. I'll be there Saturday running around with ...I think he's dressing as the Spirit but whatever... Currently not planning on dressing up, it being FREEZING here in NYC. I'll probably post pictures from my iphone, so they won't be the best quality but they will be there!

CPAC is my main objective right now. I'm hoping to do an updated version of the Snow White Ring, a portal comic, and something anime related as prints (it being an anime con) . I think its possible to do before the end of march.

~Sharmander

PS. tiny ninja theatre was amazing
PSS. LENS FLARE...yes take that strongbad


and then SOME INTERNET


They be gangsta yo


And this addicting song that I heard at a cafe

No comments: